Lean Six Sigma Curriculum for Indianapolis High School Students of Indiana
Lean Six Sigma has been the way to go regarding methodologies and what businesses can do to remain competitive and boost their production. However, not many people thought that it could be used to help individuals in different stages of their lives to develop new skills that will give them an advantage in every field and industry they decide to participate in. This is why our company Lean Six Sigma Curriculum for Indianapolis High School Students of Indiana, puts a lot of effort into:
- Providing basic knowledge to all high school and college students and business professionals about LSS and how it can help them.
- Offer LSS training and certification, so it is possible for them to access the methodology.
- Guide them throughout the process of how to use it and, first of all, what it is.
- Help companies with their processes by setting programs to teach their workers how to implement Sigma.
We understand there are a lot of questions about how this method can work for a person’s life in terms of growth and personal projects, considering that its principles and structures were meant for manufacturing and other industries. However, it is simpler than you think: if you focus on establishing and adapting them based on your needs, it can work as a waste to reduce unnecessary steps and maximize the results you get as per the principles of the methodology itself.
This approach is very popular at universities and colleges today for the reasons above. It allows individuals to concentrate on their goals and needs and not on the business approach alone, as it is important to have a method that works regardless of whether you are working.
After all, companies and businesses can choose to help their workers get certified, but in the end, it is the person who received training that will be able to implement and work around the methodology. Without experts who can work around LSS structures and principles, companies will be unable to innovate, grow, or improve.
Thus, learning it as a high school student, college student, or professional can boost your chances of job positions and getting career advantages for the same reason.
If you are a company that is considering it, these are some of the main benefits that come from implementing Sigma:
- Lowers your costs.
- Customer satisfaction is increased.
- Reduced lead times.
Meanwhile, for individuals:
- This opens up new opportunities for individuals (students and professionals) to opt for better job positions and career paths.
- It helps improve efficiency and encourages trainees to be more diligent.
High school students can use our training to increase their chances of getting into college or finding more job opportunities. College students can also use the training to gain some experience and to be ahead of their classmates.
Professionals and students are encouraged to apply for Lean Six Sigma certification and training. This will give them a competitive edge in their career, and we are here to serve you for it.
When It All Started: Learning About Lean & Six Sigma
We must first look at the past to understand the methodology and set this straight: LSS is close to a combination of two individual methodologies, Lean and 6 Sigma.
Toyota created Lean manufacturing in the late 1940s to decrease non-value-adding activities. This is the first thing to note.
The core values of Lean management include:
- Delivering from the viewpoint of your customers.
- Reduce workflow waste.
- Continuous improvement of processes and cycles.
This idea implies that employees should be actively involved in organizational change to foster excellence.
Although it might seem simple based on the previous values, Lean has made significant progress in reducing waste and improving productivity. It allows institutions and companies to automate repetitive tasks and focus more on the customer or clients.
This was extended in recent years by experts who began to use the method for other areas, such as automating records at hospitals, so that the staff could concentrate on the patient.
When we move to Six Sigma, which is a process improvement method that dates back to the 1980s. Six Sigma was used by Motorola to reduce variability and identify and minimize defects.
Six Sigma’s core values include:
- Concentrate on quantifiable financial results.
- Leadership and management support are key to success.
- Data-based decisions are made based on statistical data, not assumptions.
This strategy uses the DMAIC structure. This structure reduces waste and helps you achieve your desired result. DMAIC stands for Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control. When implemented in any company, it is possible to have a change that can help you get the best out of each process and guarantee continuous growth in the industry.
Six Sigma’s principles, phases, and Lean are combined to create all the Lean Six Sigma core values and phases that we, those who learn it, just remember, work around, implement, and use in any project or process that we believe is possible.
How the DMAIC Structure Allows Change
LSS is similar to Six Sigma in how it organizes the phases. However, we would like to organize DMAIC structures based on Six Sigma’s methodology since the basics or concepts are quite the same. This will help you understand how the methodology’s core structure works and have an idea, so far, of what you can do with it.
- Define your problem from both a business and customer perspective. These questions are required—or equivalent ones—to define them:
What are your customers’ most important quality expectations?
What problem are stakeholders trying to identify?
Is it possible to clearly define the problem from both a business and a broader perspective?
- Measure your current performance and answer this question: Does it conform to the quality standards established in the previous phase? Every step of your flow should be identified and then matched to the quality criteria.
- Analyze: Use all data to determine the root cause of any problem that was identified in the initial phase. To pinpoint the root cause, you can use Lean analytical tools such as Value Stream Mapping and Just-In-Time.
- Improve all processes to resolve the problem after determining the root cause.
- Control your solutions and processes. This phase will allow you to establish acceptable performance criteria and create a plan for correcting any deviations. This plan will keep you on track and prevent you from going back to your old ways.
These phases and structures show that the method can be used for more than just manufacturing businesses and companies. This is what it means to business professionals, students, or college students: Advancement. It still requires adaptation and adjustments, but the idea of identifying what is affecting a system or process and ensuring all the data leads us to the possible solution to seek continuous growth is brilliant.
This is why you should look at Sigma from two different perspectives when learning it:
- Learn LSS to suit the business’s requirements.
- Apply the structure and steps of LSS to your own projects and life.
All Lean Six Sigma Benefits for Companies, Students & Professionals
We’ll be discussing the two types of benefits you can get from this methodology—and by learning it—based on what you need it for: as a company that seeks improvement or an individual trying to add a new method to what they know.
These benefits are often obvious in the cases of business professionals and companies that care about training their employees. However, students receive the same or even greater benefits if they are inculcated earlier in their lives.
We want to separate them into two categories: personal and organizational.
Organizational Advantages include:
- Simpler processes. This will help you find inefficiencies and eliminate waste. This will make it easier for you to manage your workflow. The process is simple, and you’ll work around needs, growth, and how you can continuously achieve faster processes that don’t require as many resources.
- Increased predictability. You can simplify and make your workflow more efficient by eliminating unnecessary activities. This will enable you to quickly identify the root cause of any recurring issues and make them less frequent.
- Higher profits & Lower costs. Simpler delivery methods that reduce waste and streamline delivery will improve delivery speed and quality. This will help you increase your revenue potential. It is possible to reduce costs by fixing the root causes of defects.
- Continuous growth. One of the main goals when inculcating LSS is to never fall behind in an industry and ensure the business only moves forward.
- Analytical thinking. People can become more analytical by simplifying complex issues into manageable tasks with the Six Sigma or Lean methods.
- Efficiency. People can be more productive if they analyze their performance and identify root causes.
- Six Sigma project management skills. Six Sigma leaders must communicate with all levels of the organization, from strategy to operations. This will enable people to improve their project management skills and understand the business and any other area they choose to work in.
- Career advantages. Companies, businesses, and all industries consider LSS a crucial addition to their operations. Thus, practitioners are very valuable to them.
- Individuals of any age can learn to manage time, lead, collaborate and make decisions.
LSS allows them to acquire tools that will help them in other phases of their lives, such as education and work. This is applicable to high school students, business professionals, as well as college students.
LSS certifications can be useful for credit and personal growth in all senses. These certifications can open up new possibilities if you are looking for work or college.
Lean Six Sigma Curriculum Pros of Indianapolis offers certifications and training for all three stages of life: high school, college, and work.
Let’s say you have completed the yellow belt training, which focuses on LSS terminology. You will improve your organizational skills and be more confident in yourself. This will make your skills a valuable asset to colleges and companies.
The green belt is second on our list of certification options. When completed, you will add more benefits compared to the initial one—which is required to move onto a green belt—some of them include the possibility of becoming certified at higher levels, being trained at higher levels, and managing large-scale projects.
Leadership Excellence Using Lean Six Sigma
It is crucial to have a method that promotes growth and improvement. This is why we aim to help students and professionals equally with their leadership skills and how they can be great assets for companies or themselves to ensure a team moves forward.
These skills can be learned and used in the future regardless of your main area of expertise and projects. You will be able to take on leadership roles in any industry or in projects at college or university.
Leaders will be able to exert more control over their teams, but they should also focus on their talents and how they can achieve the best results through collaboration.
These people can help you plan for your business’s future growth and success or if you are a company looking for people that can meet this requirement.
The application process is straightforward, and you can be assured that you won’t feel overwhelmed. Employers need leaders to propel a company forward. You will be able to do great things with your leadership skills alone as well.
Thus, don’t hesitate to rely on us and let us know how our experts can provide this service for you or a group of people.
Innovation Consulting to Move onto a Bright New Phase
Consulting in innovation refers to the act of providing advice and guidance for companies or organizations looking for new growth strategies. Individuals seeking guidance in implementing their ideas are also welcome with us as we care about how they are coming up with their new ideas and projects. We know it isn’t being an innovator, and we want to help you build a great mindset for it.
Innovation is about creating value and being ahead of the curve with your thoughts. Although innovation consultants are usually associated with technology, there are many other industries we can help with, so they unlock business opportunities.
Companies can use our services to help them develop and implement new strategies that will support their business goals. Individuals can also receive assistance in the development of new products and services to improve their current situation.
Your industry and your role in this field do not matter. It all depends on who you are.
Contact us for more information. We will help you achieve your goals. You can also obtain additional Lean Six Sigma certifications. We can assist students and professionals as well as set up group programs for all the institutions in the state and city as requested by our team at Lean Six Sigma Curriculum Pros of Indianapolis.